At MMA Architectural Systems Ltd (MMA), we take protecting your privacy extremely seriously. It is really important to us that you trust us with your personal information, so we want to make sure that you understand what information we hold about you and how we collect, store and process it in order to provide our products and services to you.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect from you will depend on the service you have requested from us – and may include your full name, email address, telephone number, business name, business address and website address.
Online Contact messages
From the contact messages we receive, we will collect your full name, email address, country and the message as a minimum, as well as a telephone number if you choose to include one.
For e-commerce orders, we will collect your name, company name and telephone number, as well as the billing, delivery and email addresses, details of the products you have ordered and any delivery notes.
When we have direct contact with you, for example a pricing enquiry, request for brochures and samples or technical information, we will collect your name and business name (where applicable) as a minimum in order to complete your request. We are likely to also require your email address, telephone number and business or residential address.
What do we use your personal information for?
We will process the information you provide to us in the following ways for the purpose of (and on the basis of) providing the products and services we have been engaged to deliver to you:
- to provide you with quotations, estimates and invoices for the requested products and services
- to provide you with tracking information for orders you have placed with us
- to send you brochures or samples
- to provide you with regular updates on topics relevant to the products and services we are providing
- to provide you with further news and information about MMA Architectural Systems Ltd and our products and services.
How do we protect your personal information?
We aim to protect your personal information by:
- keeping information up to date, primarily through regular contact with you
- storing information in secure locations, including information stored electronically
- destroying information which is no longer relevant, unless we have a legitimate reason or statutory obligation to retain it
- minimising, wherever practicable, the number of staff or third parties* who have access to your information
*By third parties, we mean companies we may work with to improve our service as a business. Please note, we have never sold, nor will we ever sell any personal data to any third party.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Wherever practicable, we will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary; however, there are circumstances in which we will keep your information for longer, including;
- where we have a statutory or regulatory obligation to retain the information (we are required to keep certain information for specified minimum periods, and in some cases indefinitely, depending on the products or services we provide)
- to ensure our business is properly run in an efficient and compliant manner
Who else has access to your personal information?
In order to provide you with the products and services that you have requested from us, we use a number of third parties who may also need to process your personal information:
As the requirements of MMA change, we may need to change the third parties who process your information to meet those requirements. In some cases, these third parties may be based outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), however, as part of our due diligence, in terms of data protection we will always ensure they operate as if they were based inside the EEA.
Accessing your personal information
You have the following rights regarding your personal information:
- to make a request to see the personal information we hold about you
- to change/update the personal information we hold about you
- to ask us to erase the personal information we hold about you unless there is a statutory, regulatory or otherwise legitimate reason for us not to comply (we will always provide you with more details about your rights in our response to your request)
- to ask us to provide you, or a third party, with the personal information we hold about you
If you wish to exercise any of your rights regarding the personal information we hold about you, please submit a request via our website contact page (www.jakob.co.uk/contact). Once you have submitted the form, we will be in touch as soon as possible to assist with your request.
IP addresses and server logs
Our web sites records IP addresses and produces server logs. This information is used solely for monitoring the volume of traffic the sites receive and measuring the number of visitors. We do not use the information for tracking the activities of individual visitors to the sites.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Any cookies that may be used by our websites are used either solely on a per session basis, or to maintain user preferences. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.
This is an essential temporary cookie used to store data about your visit and any choices you make or data you enter. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
This cookie is added when you close our cookie notice bar.
Google Analytics cookies ( _gat, _ga, _gid)
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site; where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visit. Click here for further information.
To keep track of cart data, WooCommerce makes use of three cookies:
The first two cookies contain information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. The final cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
This website and the use of it is governed by English law and English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any related disputes.
Queries or concerns
If you are concerned about how we have treated your information, please fill in the contact form on our website (www.jakob.co.uk/contact) and we will assist you to make things right. Alternatively, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, who can be contacted via their website https://ico.org.uk.
This policy may be updated from time to time
MMA Architectural Systems Ltd reserves the right to change this Policy at any time, and any amended policy is effective upon posting to this website. MMA Architectural Systems Ltd will make every effort to communicate any significant changes to you via email. Your continued use of our services will be deemed acceptance of any amended policy.
Last updated: May 2018